Sunday, December 16, 2012

Surely I Am Coming Quickly



I Am COming QUickly

"Surely I am coming quickly" is the one of the verry last phrases in all the Bible. (Revelation 22:20) This was Jesus' last promise to those who have repented and turned to Him for salvtion. The promise is greater magnified due to the fact it follows some of the most terrifying chapters in Scripture.

The book of Revelation was God's revelation of what was to come before the final end of the world. It details horrific events, punshments and judgments. It describes a time of tribulation that will be unparrelled to anthing the human race has experienced.

So inspite of all the upheaval to come, Jesus promises to come. That is good news for all who trust and wait for Him! This world and all its evils and struggles will be but a memory; a vapor if you will. A glorious new world and existance will be ushered in and las for all eternity!

This give me great comfort and joy, especially in light of yet another tradegy here in America. A crazed gunman killed his own mother and then went to the elementary school where she worked as a teacher and brtully shot and killed 26 people. 20 of his victems were innocent children from ages 5-8. many of the children were shot multiple times before the gunman turned his gun on himself and ended his own life.

The families of those who lost their lives are devestated beyond anyone's comphrehension. The nation mournes and people around the world are shocked and saddened. No one could have ever imagined what was about to transpire that day. No one would have expected it.

We watch the news and see thousands killed in war and armed struggles. Tragedies such as the earthquake in Japan and Hati; Tsumais in Asia; Tornados, Hurricanes and Fires occur all too often. We deal with deadly outbreaks of disease and see people die from famine. Violence is almost an everyday occurance. From serial killers to gangs to violent crime, we expect to see or hear the lastest. The pedophile and rapist strikes at random and work place violence and domestic murder happens more and more.

Even mass murder in schools and university campuses flasj across our televisions from time to time. No, we know we are not immune from such violent act. The killing at the elementary raised the violence toa  new level. Gunning down 5 year olds, is a new evil! An evil that even those of us somewhat hardened to the "everyday" trgedies cannot comprehend.

This world is in bad shape. But according to Scripture; this world is not our home. I thank God that there is a better place those innocent children went to, away from the evil, violence and sorrow of this world. I hope to reach this safe haven also some day. I hope all will have a chance to arrive there, but sadly, many choose to forfeit the good things God has prepared for those wh love Him.

It is comforting to know that through the pain and hardship of this life, better is on its way. Jesus said "He knew we would have trouble in this life, but far not, He had overcome the world." I believe and trust in Jesus and what He said. I will hold tightly to His promise: "Surely I Am Coming Quickly".

Amen, Even so, come, Lord Jesus. I am a Jesus Freak!

No comments:

Post a Comment