Where I AM
Where I AM
One thing I love about Jesus is how often He says "truly I tell you". It's a phrase meaning: "truthfully". Often He would repeat it; "truly, truly", putting eveb more emphasis on the truth He was about to speak.
Jesus had a thing for the truth. He did not lie, nor like lies. He once called the unbelieving Jews "liars and murderers". He attributed Satan, the devil with being the "Father Of Lies".
"Ye are of your father the
devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from
the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in
him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar,
and the father of it."
Jesus was brutally blunt...and honest!
This gives me so much confidence as well as comfort in all He says. It's no wonder why the spectators of the day marvelled at His teaching and the authority He seemed to posess, He didn't speak as one who had been taught, but the one who teaches even the teachers: "THE" Teacher, if you will.
So when Jesus told of what those of us who trust in Him should expect, my ears perk up.
John 14:1- 4
1 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me
2 In my Father’s house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
4 And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.
5 Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way? 6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
Notice how He speaks so "matter of factly". Not only does He calms us down by telling us not be troubled, because what He is saying is true, He tells of a wonderous place being prepared for us. He then puctuates it with the statement that He "IS" the Way, Truth and Life!
That's what i want to hear! Keep your theories, philosophies and mythologies; give me the truth! Give me Jesus!
I am a Jesus Freak!
No comments:
Post a Comment